Sunday, January 24, 2010

Series of Events

At 26 I was seemingly on my way to "having it all". Wife, child, house and we were realizing a dream of owning our own business (OK, my dream). At 31, I still have the wife, we have 4 children, a house, but do to some poor business decisions and a fledgling economy, the business is no more. But I have learned over the past five-plus years that "having it all" is in the eye of the beholder and what people may think is "everything" might actually be nothing at all. But I will get into that in due time.

With the business closing, a bleak job market and an offer for my wife to take a job that had the potential of being a dream job, I began my third career; a Stay-at-Home-Dad (SAHD, I am not a big fan of anacronyms, but typing Stay-at-Home-Dad would be old, real fast).

I am starting this blog to track my experiences with the four Z's (the afore mentioned Zack, the two year old twins Zoe and Zane, and the 2 month old Zadie). I am also writing to have an outlet for expressing what it means for a man to be a SAHD. It should be interesting (being a SAHD, and hopefully the blog too).

1 comment:

  1. On April 7, 2001, I believed I was the luckiest girl in the whole world to be marrying you... And, now almost 9 years later, I am still your greatest fan and I think our kids are so lucky to have you as their dad. I love you so much, and am so excited to begin this next chapter of our lives and see all that God has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday