Sunday, March 28, 2010

12:38 am

It is Friday, March 19th at 12:38 am and I am awake, watching the end of the Maryland game.  About 10 minutes ago Julie came down to get some water and informed me that Zach was upstairs, in the bathroom, throwing up.

Now I can imagine, for someone reading this that has no kids, or is not involved with bodily fluid cleanup on a regular basis, this may seem a little gross.

As I came up the stairs Julie was handing Zach the water and I had one burning question on my mind, "Where".  Where had he thrown up?  What was I looking at here?

"Zach, did you make it to the bathroom?"  (Please say yes, Please say yes, Please say yes)

"Not the first time." (Rats)

I went in and took a quick look and saw a few drops on the bunk bed ladder and a couple on the floor, not too bad.  But wait ... there's more.  Zach's first installment of the night landed square in the middle of his bed. 

So now, it is 12:38 and I am up for at least another hour to switch the laundry.  Poor Zach, but who's next...

It's Sunday.  Went to southern Virginia to meet someone to sell them a piece of equipment for the sign shop.  Since it is Sunday and Julie is working, I took Zach, Zoe and Zane with me.  We made it back to within an hour and a half of Charlotte and the stomach bug claimed it's second victim ... Zane.  We were at the Starbucks drive through and something urged me to turn and look at Zane.  Silently, calmly and with little emotion, Zane was throwing up.

No spare clothes, no way to clean his seat and an older brother who gags at the sight of Zadie's spit-up. (Just a note to anyone who may have this happen to them.  It saves a lot of clean-up to remove the seat with the child still buckled).  So I stripped him down, cleaned him up and stuck him back in the car.  Here is what the rest of the ride looked like for Zane...



The bug bit Zoe that night, Julie and I on Monday. 

It is now Sunday, March 28th at 11:24pm.  It was a rough week with everyone starting off sick.  I am finally finishing the blog post I started over a week ago.  I have missed writing, but the good thing about kids... I may have stopped writing, but they have not stopped providing me with material.  I am looking forward to the next few days of posts.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your posts too. I've missed you.

    Sorry to hear about the week of being sick. We went through that from Mid January through Mid March, just taking turns. During a couple weeks of that time we had some sort of stomach flu thing where we played a guessing game with who got to throw up tonight. Not fun. And no sleep. It's tough.

    I'm glad you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I like the new blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you're back! i look forward too! i started reading and was confused because of the date... and then see you started it a week ago... i KNEW you went on that trip 7 days ago and not yesterday :)

    can't WAIT to hear all your "material" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys, it is good to be back. The blog design is kind of cool. Just an off the shelf design, trying to learn HTML so I can tweak it a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday