Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What the ...

So Zoe came in from outside today holding out her finger, saying "dirty".  The kids were outside playing in the yard, so I figured, mud, dirt or something of the like.  Zoe is a bit of a drama queen when it comes to getting dirty.  But, as I looked a little closer, I quickly realized, "that's not mud ... that's poop".  One hand holding a lolly-pop, the other with a poop-finger.

"Zoe, did you poop?"

"No, Zaney."

So it wasn't even her poop.

So I now had a few decisions to make.  I was holding Zadie who was being a little fussy, ready to take a nap ... where do I put her down to minimize screaming?  How do I keep Zoe from touching anything while I get something to clean her up ... did I just see her switch lolly-pop hands?  Am I really sure about this stay at home dad thing?

Zadie ended up on the floor ... screaming was not avoided.  The baby wipes were closest, so I wiped the finger, gave her a couple of splashes of sanitizer.  And I guess I will remain a stay at home dad a little while longer.

I was, however, left with a few questions (that all really come to one central theme).  WHAT ... what the hell was she thinking?  WHY ... why on earth would she stick her finger in his diaper?  WHERE ... where have Julie and I gone wrong that we have a daughter that has someone elses poop on her finger?

Well, I guess, kids will be kids.  I shouldn't be surprised.  Her brother Zach once took his diaper off and rubbed it all over my parents dog Bear.  Her brother Zane enjoys sticking his head in the toilet.  I just the other day reached to grab Zane to keep him from climbing where he wasn't supposed to and ended up with a little surprise on my finger.  So I guess she comes by it honestly. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend whose two year old daughter was going through potty training. The little girl walked up to her and said "Guess what Mommy?" to which my friend innocently asked "What, sweetie?" Her daughter yelled "Poop!" and rubbed her poop covered hands down my friend's pants. I guess all parents have their own poop stories (it was my friend, I swear).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just now found this a WHOLE week later (went looking to see if you blogged lately :)

    HILARIOUS!!!!! that zoe... she's a cutie.. poop finger and ALLLLLLLLL!



    jen

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday