Thursday, March 4, 2010

the eldest Z

The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost

said a thousand times
he gave it meaning
    to me
HE sacrificed his son
we sacrifice for ours

BIRTH ... what a feeling
indescribable
the first Z

grow up
so quick
my little boy

there was the builder bob
those guys that wiggle
elmo, cookie and big yellow bird

only child ... no more
brother to Z's
attention?
finding his role
he loves them
he hates them
just one day

school starts
so scared
so smart
so respectful
teachers joy
parents pride

not cute, but cool
football in the field
jedis on the jungle gym
all boy

loves football
role plays
with guns, lightsabres and blocks of lego
twin Z's; his best friends
'til reinforcements arrive

enter ... baby Z
so sweet
so helpful
not a parent
differs
daddy's helper, not so little

my son
my friend
my buddy
my charge...

grow him

teach him

respect, love

kiss him
hug him ...

love him

teach him how ...

7 comments:

  1. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! i love that format! VERY cool! is there a name for that kind of poetry???

    ReplyDelete
  2. love him

    teach him how...

    that's my favorite... ♥

    but this part i don't get...
    only child ... no more
    brother to Z's
    attention?

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw... a blog is like life... some posts are long... some are short... some are narratives... some are poetry... some make you laugh... some make you cry... i LOVE the direction you took going with describing your family... can't wait for the last... she who doth mean so much to me and i thank God for ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me all teary. I love the way you told this story of Zach. Our oldest... he has taught us so much.

    And, Jen, the whole thing is chronological of Zach and that section you asked about was describing when the twins came along...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. got it!

    it is amazing how much our kids teach us ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. i forgot to say... chelsea actualy has taught me the most :)

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday