Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Life As A Stay At Home Dad?

It began with a much needed night out.  A night away from the kids.  Away from the chaos.  We had been at each others throats for days.  The stress of life was overtaking us and we needed a break.  Thank you God for a little place called the Wine Vault.  That night it was a bottle of Woop Woop Shiraz, live music and  a sobering, yet freeing conversation about the state of our state. 

It was decided that it was time for Julie to come back with the kids and for me to head back into the work force.  Me as a stay-at-home-dad was born from necessity.  It was promissing at first, we were optimistic that it could work, but as the months clipped by, it had become obvious, Julie needs the kids and my patience might be better suited for other endevours. 

That was a few months ago and the job market was bleak.  Not a nibble, not a bite.  Nothing as humbling as applying for postions that you know you are well qualified for and not even getting a sniff.

But we have come full circle.  Julie's Birthday.  We were back at the Wine Vault.  A bottle of Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz, live music and an expectant and anxious converstation taking place about the state of our future.  My Blackberry buzzed (finally) with an email containing an offer sheet from my new employer.  I will be starting after Labor Day. 

We are excited and apprehensive about the changes coming our way.  I will have more to come on what this means for my life as a blogger. 

4 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyygoshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    what a PERFECT part to a perfect evening for the BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really can't believe the significance of the wine vault on BOTH nights! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job offer but I hope that only gives you enough "break" from the kids to be able to appreciate them enough and in a way that allows you to blog more often. I love your stories.

    That's the way I am. I know that if I were a full time stay at home mom, I wouldn't have the patience to appreciate the things I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!

    ps. i hope you continue to blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday