Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Walk

The first time was in my college apartment, after graduation, but before life started.  It caught you by surprise, it wasn't how you pictured it and it sent you running.  But you came back.  The second time was at the college Arboretum.  This is the one we talk about.  Picnic, wine, conversation, pictures, the way it is supposed to be.  Then there were others.  There was a ballpark, on the water, in different states, anywhere that felt right, that felt special.  The last came on THE day, delivered to you with roses.  I am so glad the answer was still yes.

A lot has happened since that day.  The world has moved fast and we have done our best to keep up.  We have faced trials and tribulations, but also joy and wonderment.  There has been laughter and tears, humor and disputes, excitement and fear.  We are different from those wide-eyed kids from that day, but yet we are just the same.

You still excite me.  You remain my most best friend.  You make me smile and in turn I love to make you smile; because when you smile ... you can brighten the world.  I love you so much.  And I am so glad that on this day you were born.  I can't offer you money or houses or gems, but I can offer you this ....

WILL YOU MARRY ME!!

3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwww... WHAT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!! steve, you should never stop blogging! :)

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve--you are one of the most romantic men I know. This made me cry out of happiness that my dear friend has such a loving husband :)

    ReplyDelete

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday