Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Joys of Parenting

While sitting at my computer, mindlessly wasting the day away (see Time to Unplug?), I heard a sound similar to a cat coughing up a pesky hairball.  Seeing that we don't have a cat (we had a cat once, but Julie returned it because she thought that it was possessed by an evil demon that caused it to pounce on her at all hours of the day; but I digress), the sound peaked my interest and unglued my gaze from the screen in front of me.  I turned to see Zane heading toward me with a red face, gagging from the banana he was given just a few minutes before.  Having been through this before I began to frantically look for anything to put in front of his slowly opening mouth.  Coming up empty, I reluctantly cupped my hands and offered them as source of relief to my soon to be three year olds predicament.  And so it flowed.  Into my hands poured the slimy glob that was once part of Zane's nutritious breakfast.  I then stood up, walked to the garbage disposal, dumped the clump of goo, washed my hands and headed back toward the computer, pausing for a moment to reflect ... This is normal ... this is commonplace ... these are moments that are at first repulsive, then become routine and will one day be a fond memory of days long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Blogs Wordless Wednesday